Friday, November 12, 2010

airport check in tonight

Well we made it to the airport. Just in time!
with 48 boxes full of donated clothes, pins and of course  12,000 eyeglasses.  Nineteen team members from across the country packed all their personal things in one carry on.
Check in was a breeze thanks to the gift from Jeff Mann who donated a floor model electronic scale. He did this after experiencing check in last year for our Ethiopia team, when all our boxes had to be reopened with exacto knives and we had to reshuffle 40 boxes to balance the weight for Air Canada and reseal them one by one.  The whole process took 20 people and 2 hours.   After seeing all this, Jeff says to me "you do this every year?"  I said yes.  I guess our bathroom scale that we were using in the warehouse, was 5 pounds underweight.  This time check in was only 15 minutes and NONE of the boxes were over 50 pounds.  Thank you again Jeff! I thought of you a lot!  An electronic scale isn't exactly the gift you would want as a woman, but for our charity it was a DIAMOND RING:)
See you on the other side of the world! Security calling

1 comment:

  1. This Blog IS a great Idea. Marina and Derrick, I'm SICK I'm not with you...My best to Bob.

    I'll follow this mission daily as you have time to Blog, and ....please save me a spot on the 2011 mission?

    Love the wallpaper on the Blog home page....I can smell the coffee and fir Fir

    Stay Safe

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete